All of us are mad. If it weren't for the fact every one of us is slightly abnormal, there wouldn't be any point in giving each person a separate name.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

New Marilyn Manson Logo Surfaces.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sans Agendum

PostSubject: New Marilyn Manson Logo Surfaces.   Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:13 am

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150699787395815&set=a.146185015814.138917.93211205814&type=3&theater

I like the use of the iching and the characters represented in order to represent Manson as a philosopher's stone to help his listeners achieve enlightenment. I also like the use of the "^" instead of an A to represent the masculinity of the subject matter within as NK has noted that this album will be the FATHER of the Triptych.

PostSubject: Re: New Marilyn Manson Logo Surfaces.   Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:27 am

hm. I Ching trigrams.

He he.
The first 4 (AKA the MARILYN trigrams) are yin = female among other things.
The other 4 (AKA the MANSON trigrams) are yang = masculine among other things.

N -> ch'ien -> the creative -> spirit, creative or fertilising seed, strength, circular -> heaven -> father (mature yang)
O
S -> chen -> the arousing -> coming into manifestation, sudden movement -> thunder -> eldest son (immature yang)

N -> k'an -> the abysmal -> generally misfortune (spirit -middle yang line- trapped in matter -two yin lines-) -> water, the moon -> middle son (immature yang)
A
M -> ken -> keeping still -> resting, inert -> mountain -> youngest son (immature yang)

M -> k'un -> the receptive -> receptivity, vessel, matter, devoted, yielding, square -> earth -> mother (mature yin)
A
R -> sun -> the gentle -> penetrationg -> wind, wood -> eldest daughter (immature yin)

I -> li -> the clinging -> light-giving, also clinging (spirit on either side of matter -> fire, the sun ->middle daughter (immature yin)
L
Y
N -> tui -> the joyous -> joyful -> lake, body of water -> youngest daughter (immature yin)

Also, these are the two pa kua arrangements that represent the (quite polarized) arrangement of the universe:

I think study it's safe to say that the main idea here is the polar antithesis of Marilyn vs Manson. Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sans Agendum

PostSubject: Re: New Marilyn Manson Logo Surfaces.   Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:36 am

^Nice!

I just noticed the ching for Earth resembles an inversion of the Celebritarian Cross of Lorain if the lines were made to incorporate the negative space.

And now that has helped me realize that an inversion of the Cross of Lorain sort of resembles two sideways 'm's with the "legs" facing each other. Further and further down the rabbit hole.

PostSubject: Re: New Marilyn Manson Logo Surfaces.   

Back to top Go down

New Marilyn Manson Logo Surfaces.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1